Wednesday, August 15, 2012

First Post -- Outback Mac'n'cheese Copycat

Howdy y'all! I'm Courtney, an early 20-something Texan who has recently graduated from a lovely, private Southern Baptist university in the heart of Texas. We recently had a Heisman winner, to give you a better idea =) I work as an IT business analyst now, and it's a fairly rewarding job.

I've resolved to try to blog as much as I can -- about what, who knows? DIY, recipes, crafts... probably recipes though! I love cooking and my waistline shows it (damn breads, they are my downfall!). I also love crafts and thrift shopping, although I tend to spend way too much money on that stuff. I've been trying to get into couponing, and so far have been fairly successful.


So -- TODAY I will bring you my ever-so-simple but ever-so-delicious

Outback Style Macaroni and Cheese 


Are you excited? Because I am. So, so excited.

Ingredients:
1 box penne pasta
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups (or 16 oz) of Velveeta cheese


  1. In a non-stick sauce pan over medium heat, melt the Velveeta cheese. Stir in the heavy cream, slowly but surely. Note: You can melt these together in a microwave-safe bowl if your microwave is big enough... and you have a bowl that is big enough.
  2. While melting the cheese together with the cream, cook the pasta until it is soft, but not mushy. You'll need to look at the suggested cooking time and taste test for done-ness a few minutes beforehand. 
  3. Heat the sauce until it is fully combined. Be very careful to stir frequently, as there is nothing more disgusting than getting a burned "scab" of cheese (that probably just made a few of you lose your appetite...).
  4. Serve the pasta into dishes and let those hungry people serve themselves on the sauce for sauce control.

This is a total hit in my family for family holidays, like Thanksgiving. MmmmmMMM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment